It’s Tuesday, and I am already EXHAUSTED!!! That does not bode well for the rest of my week! So, I am going to take a “Mental Health Day”and try to recharge. If you are struggling with low energy, give these tips a try:
- Take a nap I KNOW, it sounds obvious, but if you are anything like me, you try to “push through” exhaustion, hoping it will just get better. Naps work wonders, and a quick one (15-25 minutes) shouldn’t throw off your normal sleep patterns.
- Take a multivitamin Our bodies are extremely complex, and even the slightest imbalance can throw you off course. If you are feeling tired more often than not, try adding a multivitamin to your routine.
- Take a shower 99 percent of the time I am a bubble bath girl! When I am dead tired, though, I have a quick trick I use to pep myself up: I take a quick warm shower, and finish with a quick rinse of cold water. It wakes me right up, and it really feels terrific!!
- Journal Sometimes, when I feel tired, it’s emotional rather than physical exhaustion that I am dealing with. I pull out one of my journals, and just start writing. It doesn’t have to be perfect, I just let my thoughts spill onto the page. If my issue is emotional, it always amazes me how much better I feel after journaling for a few minutes.
- Use affirmations I am a big believer in the power of affirmations. I don’t use them as often as I should, but when I do, I love the way they turn things around!! A couple to try: “I have limitless energy”, “I am prepared for anything that comes my way today, and “I love getting out of bed and starting my day” Fake it till you make it!
- Stretch When I am exhausted, the last thing I want to do is exercise. What I do instead is some gentle stretching to get my body in motion without jarring my system. I love the “Cat/cow” yoga stretch, as well as child’s pose. even just bending over and trying to touch my toes gets the blood flowing.
- Have some water Dehydration is the worst!! I try to drink more than eight glasses a day, but I don’t always hit it. It never fails, those are the times when I start to get exhausted. If you’re feeling sluggish, pour yourself a nice, big glass of ice water. Pep in a glass!
I hope these ideas help to get you through the (early)mid-week slump, if you’re in the same boat! What are your quick pick me ups? Let me know in the comments below. I always love hearing from you!