Have you ever wondered about the girl behind the blog? Well, I’m quirky. Here are 25 Random Facts about me as proof:
1. I don’t like any foods that have raisins in them, but I DO like raisins.
2. My favorite movie is Drop Dead Fred.
3. I was a state championship gymnast when I was 9.
4. I’m afraid of belly buttons. It’s just a crude knot keeping ALL your guts inside your body. No big deal.
5. I’m also afraid (terrified) of clowns and mascots.
6. France (Where my Grandmother was born and raised) is where my soul is at home.
7. My favorite color is Tiffany blue. My second favorite color is Veuve Cliquot Orange I’m a sucker for marketing, and expensive things. ?
8. For 25 years, I thought I was allergic to crab and lobster. I’m not. My parents lied. My brother busted them.
9. I’m double jointed.
10. I have what can only be referred to as photographic hearing. If I am concentrating on a conversation, I will see it in my mind’s eye as if it was being typed up by a court reporter.
11. I LOVE basketball! I take the first week of March Madness off every year.
12. I can’t get enough of true crime books, documentaries and tv shows. I’m a Dateline NBC junkie!
13. Bill Kurtis is my celebrity crush. I can’t fall asleep unless I’m watching one of the (58!) episodes of American Justice I have on my TiVo.
14. I was interviewed for a national tv show, “American Greed”, produced by Bill Kurtis Productions (when they first called, I thought it was a prank!! ) The episode, “The slaughterhouse” still runs from time to time on CNBC.
15. My favorite animal is the Giraffe.
16. My favorite way to travel is by train.
17. No matter how small my purse is, I WILL lose my keys.
18. I’m a blanket person. I keep my house at 68 degrees so I can snuggle up with a blanket.
19. My toes are almost as functional as my fingers. I can walk around the house and pick up laundry with my toes. We call them the “Roby Freak Toes” my brother had them, my Dad and at least two of my uncles have them.
20. Speaking of laundry, I love folding laundry fresh out of the dryer.
21. I’m an ordained minister (you can call me Reverend Roby). I got ordained to perform weddings for gay couples. I’ve done more straight weddings than gay ones. You can’t always get what you want. I’ve performed weddings and funerals.
22. I’m a speed reader.
23. As far as dessert is concerned, if it isn’t chocolate, don’t waste my time.
24. My major in college was Religion and Philosophy.
25. My favorite tv show ever is Huff. I still can’t believe it was cancelled! Hank Azaria, Paget Prewster, Blythe Danner and Oliver Platt…best cast ever!
26. I love pens with purple ink.
27. I have about 60 blank notebooks, I LOVE writing things out longhand.
I would love to hear from you! What are your favorite things, your quirks, your hidden talents?? Let me know in the comments below!